You may be eligible for a free rental pump through insurance. Check your eligibility on our Insurance Pump pages.
Insurance Breast Pumps Simplified
The enactment of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacre) in August, 2012 has resulted in many families qualifying for a free breast pump as a benefit of their insurance coverage. Navigating the ins and outs of this new benefit can be confusing. Lactation Care is partnered with a DME and can provide your family a breast pump covered by your insurance and streamline the process for you. Insurance Breast Pump Eligibility Form
- Convenience: We handle all the paperwork for you and provide documentation of the process at each step of the way. Most authorizations can be processed in less than an hour during standard business hours.
- Clarity: We will provide you with information about your coverage benefits in writing; taking the guesswork out of what is and what isn’t covered.
- Speed: We offer same day pick up service and next day delivery to families in the Metro Boston area. UPS Ground service and expedited shipping options to destinations outside of Metro Boston.
- Experience and Expertise: We have been assisting breastfeeding families for over 30 years. Staffed by 6 Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants, lactation is our area of expertise. Most DMEs deal more in crutches and commodes and simply cannot provide the necessary support that breastfeeding families require. We provide complimentary phone support for all of our clients so you get much more than a pump out of a box, you get the care and support necessary for breastfeeding success.
- Upgrade Options Available: Coverage options can be expanded beyond the limits of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
- No Risk: There is never a charge to determine your eligibility. You will only incur out of pocket expenses that you give written approval for: eg. Shipping, model upgrades or add-ons.
- Ongoing Support: We stock replacement pieces and accessories for all Medela and Hygeia pumps and our lactation counselors are available during office hours to answer your pumping and feeding questions.
Every family’s coverage is unique and subject to eligibility. Most families qualify for a high quality double electric pump. Some families are eligible for a hospital grade rental pump. Information about specific pump models can be found on our Insurance Breast Pump page. To submit information and start the process of determining your eligibility for an insurance breast pump -- one of our lactation consultants will get back to you as soon as we have determined your eligibility. A prescription from a medical provider is a requirement for all insurance authorized breast pumps -- here is a link to a downloadable breast pump prescription form that your provider can send to our office. Your provider can send the prescription directly to our office by fax at 617-244-5381. Please have them specify a diagnosis, eg.: “To maintain milk supply” and specify which type of pump you need: eg. “Personal Use Breast Pump” or “Hospital Grade Breast Pump”
Health Insurance Companies We Work With:
Out of Network/not contracted with:
- United Healthcare
- Empire BC/BS
- Fill out the required forms and submit the necessary prescription from your medical provider.
- One of our Lactation Consultants will contact you by phone to provide an update on your eligibility and answer your specific questions.
- Sign and return all necessary documentation – access to a fax or scanner is necessary for those not able to come to our office directly.
- Take ownership of your pump. Pick it up in person and receive a complimentary set up demo or choose from our convenient shipping options.
- Make use of our phone support services at any stage. Until your baby is no longer receiving mother’s milk, we are available as a resource for compassionate, evidence-based lactation counselling and phone support.